Saturday 11 April 2009

How Many Animal Crossings Must A Man Walk Down?



I recently got Animal Crossing: City Folk (Lets Go To The City) for the Wii, I played it for a week and got bored. It's a good game, a great game in fact, but I've done it all before on the DS.

Animal Crossing seems to be a series where you really only ever need to get one version of it. Each game has its differences, but at its core, its the same game:

New in town, get a mortgage, pay it off buy selling junk to the guy you owe money to, get a bigger house, make your house presentable, and make your town look nice.

And its been the same each time.

While I've been writing this, an advert for Pokemon Platinum just played on the TV, which made me think, the Pokemon series is just as repetitive as Animal Crossing, yet I find them a lot more interesting. What is the difference in their formulas that makes me catch Pokemon for hours, but makes me leave Animal Crossing after I've caught a few fish?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Counter